The project “Promotion and development of natural and cultural heritage of Bulgarian- Greek cross border region through smart and digital tools” with acronym eTOURIST has been approved and subsided in terms of the Cooperation Programme Interreg V-A Greece Bulgaria 2014-2020 with total budget 334.467,00€.
Lead beneficiary of this project is the Regional Municipalities Association “Maritza” while the rest of the beneficiaries are Dimosineteristiki Evros S.A, Ethnological Museum of Thrace- Aggeliki Giannakidou and the Active Citizens Partnership.
The main aims that were set up through this project are:
- Localization and Evaluation of the cultural and natural spots and their elevation in combination with the traditional gastronomy and wine in the area of Haskovo and Evros
- To get to know the visitors the cultural and natural heritage of this cross-border area through the use of technology
- Registration of all the data related with the local traditional gastronomy and wine of this cross-border area of Evros-Haskovo
- Evaluation of these areas as a touristic destination
The main actions that were materialized through this project are:
- Integrated methodology for cultural and natural sites, monuments, which also includes the traditional culinary and wine in Evros and Haskovo region
- Study of natural and cultural heritage sites in Evros and Haskovo region and evaluation of their importance for the targeted CB region
- Study of traditional culinary & wine in Evros and Haskovo region to present traditional cuisine & recipes, herbs & spices, traditional food products, traditional culinary events, history of winemaking, characteristics of wine region, unique wine varieties for the region, wine tasting opportunities
- Digitalization of cultural and natural sites and creation of 360 photos and videos for the touristic sites in the cross-border area
- Digitalization of traditional culinary & wine and creation of videos for local gastronomy and wine for Evros and Haskovo region
- Publication of leaflets for the presentation of the project and publicity in local media
- eTOURIST application development for mobile devices (smartphone, iPad) which provides tourists with detailed information on the cultural, natural, culinary and wine destinations of the targeted cross-border region
- Development of an interactive digital portal “Cultural and natural heritage of Haskovo-Evros“ which presents objects of natural and cultural heritage, culinary temptations and wine from the regions of Haskovo and region in an innovative and attractive way
- Participation in International tourist exhibition in Sofia, Bulgaria
- Trainings in Haskovo and in Evros on the topic “Traditional culinary and wines”
- Festivals in Haskovo and in Alexandroupolis on the topic: “Traditional culinary and wines of Haskovo-Evros”
- Scientific conference in Haskovo for the project
The project will contribute to valorization of cultural & natural heritage, traditional culinary & wine in Haskovo-Evros regions for tourist purposes through the implementing activities that support better interpretation of natural & cultural heritage, culinary & wine traditions through ICT application & tools (developed eTOURIST package). The project will contribute to increasing the interest of tourists to the supported sites of cultural & natural heritage in the target CB area through the promotion campaign & through the participation in international tourist exhibition which will bring the new solutions developed on the project to professionals in tourism sector & also to the wide public. The project will contribute to developing cultural & natural heritage sites in the target CB area by assessing the cultural & natural heritage sites which are important for the regions & by addressing the support to them.